CPD Seminar (Day 2)
Sat, February 16, 2019
10:00am - 3:00pm
Green Hills Country Club
500 Ludeman Ln,
Millbrae, CA 94030
This CPD Seminar is intended to provide continuing professional development courses on topics that are of interest to the chapter's members and are relevant to the practice of architecture in the U. S.
Philippine Architecture Evolution -The Big Picture (2 Credit Units)
10:00am - 12:00pm
Simultaneous Lecture & Group Discussion and PowerPoint Presentation
* DNA and Migration Patterns
* Spanish Era
* American Era
* Philippine Republic
Specs 101 (1 Credit Units)
12:30pm - 1:30pm
Drawings are the architect's primary tools in conveying the architectural design. To build it, however, construction documents consisting of drawings, technical specifications, agreements and conditions of the contract are necessary. Drawings are graphic representations of the design depicting form, size, shape, dimension, quantity, and location. Technical specifications specify product requirements, description, minimum standard and quality. It identifies administrative requirements e.g. submittals, delivery and storage requirements, and warranties. And it describes installation requirements, construction tolerances, and testing requirements.
Course Objectives/Learning Outcomes:
* Know project delivery method and the contractual relationships and roles of the owner, architect, contractor, design-builder, and construction manager.
* Identify what makes up the construction documents.
* Introduction to the Construction Specifications Institute and the various content organization formats developed by CSI.
* Know the various methods of specifying, writing style, and production.
Writing Specifications for LEED Certification (1 Credit Unit)
2:00pm - 3:00pm
Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) certification is measured from credits met under several categories. This course is intended to show how project specifications are used to ensure that target prerequisites and credit points are complied with.
Course Objectives/Learning Outcomes:* Overview of LEED rating system.
* Understand the various LEED rating system categories, prerequisites, and credit points.
* Understand what specifications provisions in Division 01 - General Requirements specifications are needed for LEED certification.
* Understand what specifications provisions are needed in the project technical specifications (Divisions 2 through 26) to ensure compliance with various LEED categories, prerequisites, and credit points.